Frequently Asked Questions
Arrival: Check-in for week 1 is Sunday, Aug 15 between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm.
Pick-up: Pick-up time for week 1 is on Saturday, Aug 21 between 9:30 am and 11:00 am.
Be sure to hand carry the medical forms with you when you come to camp. They can be downloaded from the Registration page. Please do not mail them!
It is recommended that athletes bring the following items:
- Hand carry the required medical forms off of the registration page
- Sleeping bag, or sheets & blankets, plus your pillow
- Running shoes (2 pair if you have them in case it rains)
- Running gear for a full week of training
- Warm clothing for the evenings (sometimes it can be cool)
- Bathing suit, towels, shower clogs/flip-flops
- Personal bathing items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste & brush)
- A water bottle and a good flashlight, and your wristwatch
- Rain gear, just in case we get some
- Pen or pencil, and your running diary if you have one
Each day run times are scheduled, two or three per day, and each runner will decide how often and how far they will train each day based on their level of experience and the amount of training they have done coming into camp. At each run time, groups are formed based on these considerations, with 3, 5 and 7 mile runs being most common.
Camp Foss has excellent running trails with 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 mile loops on mostly dirt roads and some trails. There are several configurations to choose from to do 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, etc. mile runs on these routes. We are located a mile in on a dirt road, and have only country roads, along with miles of dirt roads and trails to train on. We also have some good hills on most of these runs.
Foss is primarily directed for the high school age runner, thus almost all runners attending camp are 14-18.
Yes, you may be issued a refund depending on the following dates:
May 31 – Full Refund (does not include deposit)
June 30 – Half Refund (does not include deposit)
July 1 – No Refund
All the normal camp activities such as evening camp fires, swimming, canoeing, volleyball, basketball, tennis, whiffleball, etc. are part of the full camp experience. It will be your best week of the summer!